Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

18 and Tattoos…

I will be turning 18 on February 2. My older sister who is 24 and married J said that on my 18th birthday she was going to take me to get a tattoo and one for herself. Now this was talked about when I was about 15 and I didn't give it a second thought. Until recently this topic was never brought up again… but now that my birthday is so close; I have been praying and thinking about it a lot. I had done a little research on a biblical stand point. I found a lot but all of them were bringing up Leviticus 19: 28 28 “‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord.” I wanted to do a little more to see if I saw anything other than this verse. I found this lovely lady who wrote a little about tattoos (The lovely lady's website :)). She brought up Leviticus 19:28 but from a different point of view. She said “If you judge tattoos by this verse than you have to read the surrounding text too.” What she meant by that was that this verse in the bible was the Lord telling people who believed this as worship to false gods to not do it as worship to false gods. She also had a few questions for people to think about before getting a tattoo. I liked all of the questions, but one really got me thinking. The question said “Would your future spouse want you to have this tattoo?” now to fully understand why this question got me thinking is this; my mom and I (before my research) were talking about this subject (tattoos) and she said to me “Michaela, you really have to think about this. Your sister is married and her husband is okay with her getting a tattoo. Would your future husband want you to have a tattoo?” Now if that wasn't God telling me something than I don’t know what is. That hit home for me. I mean if I got a tattoo it would not be out of rebellion and the tattoo my sister showed me is really cool, but I am going to wait.

What I want to tell y’all is that it really ends up being something between you and God. No one can make that decision for you. Consider everything before you choose because it is permanent.


Please keep this all in mind when/if you get a tattoo. Of course do some praying before you decide.  :)
Love y'all! Thanks for reading my blog! God bless you!


                                                                       -Words from the south
                                                                                            Michaela



Revelation 19:16      On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
  king of kings and lord of lords.


Leviticus 19:28   "Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord."



No comments: